Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beyond Design…


(click image to link)

Another major avenue for my creative energy is photography. And through photography, I've found a desire to film and edit video as well. It's a slippery slope, to say the very least.

Recently I traveled to Brazil in order to shoot footage for a series of webisodes for my old friends in Killswitch Engage. The results inspired me to expand video to feature the abandoned sites I explore for photography. And now I get to edit them myself, which I naturally didn't on the KsE webisodes, of course. Editing video is no small task, by the way. For instance, the Final Cut Express 4 manual is 1152 pages alone! I both curse and bless its programmers in the same breath, my friends. Curse, bless… bless, curse.

Anyway, I'm only getting started in this field but it feels good to work in so many mediums and I hope you head over to my Vimeo page to see my early works.

Happy New Year!!! See you in 2010…