Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Production Design



(click image to enlarge)

Not every job you work on is your idea, and yours alone. Sometimes, as in the case of production design work, you're working with ideas already put into practice by another designer. This work is usually a matter of re-purposing those ideas into new formats, mediums, sizes, templates, etc.

For example, in 2009, I worked with EMI in Hollywood on the creation of several limited edition packages for Best Buy and/or Target. I was supplied with the new box template, new copy and the original artwork files – and then it was up to me to make it cohesive with the original materials while also making it appealing in its new format and size.

In addition to the couple here, I also laid out package designs in 2009 for 30 Seconds To Mars, Snoop Dogg & Mudvayne. Many thanks to Lisa Otto & Alyssa Brunman for their trust in me.