Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot Off The (Letter) Press!



(click image to enlarge)

I recently began my "apprenticeship" with the .918 Club located in the Heritage Center here in Lancaster. This fully-functional letterpress shop features several presses ranging from the 18th Century through the mid-1900's. The club itself meets "monthly to provide a gathering place for people with an interest in letterpress printing, to schedule volunteers to operate the Print Shop, and to provide a place for anyone interested in learning about letterpress printing or developing the skills to become a volunteer in the Museum Print Shop."

I've always loved letterpress type and am interested in not only volunteering in the shop, but to learn the trade as well. I can't wait to see something I've created printed in letterpress. In time, my friends. In time.