Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vintage Advertising (Of My Kind)


(click image to enlarge)

While preparing materials for a client meeting several weeks ago, I stumbled upon this flyer I created for Stan's Record Bar in Lancaster, PA. Likely drawn up in 1984 or 1985, I'm not sure why I would have drawn this – outside of my love for this store.

If you've read High Fidelity, well, Stan's was my brother and I's very own Championship Vinyl. Inhabited daily by Mark & Harris, Stan's sold – just like the flyer says – imports, rarities, oldies, punk, new wave, and metal vinyl that we spent our allowance and job money on every few weeks.

We'd hang in Stan's for hours, talking with Mark & Harris about all things music while naturally playing new releases, new bands, b-sides, live tapes, and checking out the latest Kerrang! magazine in from England. All told, Stan's – along with Sam Goody, BBC Records, Record Revolution, and Kim's West – played a major part in my life that's combined music and design. Much respect.