Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Designathon 2012


(the final logo design for The Toolbox, Ephrata, PA)

In what could be described as my challenging Designathon yet, we met with Marsha DiBonaventuro of Downtown Ephrata, Inc. about creating a logo and rack card for their new open office space, The Toolbox. It's a fantastic idea that saw myself and students Kirk Beltle, Sally Yacovelly, and Jessica Messerschmidt too head on. I acted not as a designer but as a mentor and general instigator of things this year, along with my duties of copywriter for the aforementioned rack card, while the students worked on designs, color palettes, and layouts. As always, it was a challenge to stay awake, stay focused in the wee-hours of the morning, and to pull it all off in just 24 hours. Regardless, it's always memorable and it's something we as a department look forward to each and every year.

As always, click on images to enlarge.


(fuels of all kinds)


(myself and the team)


(the wall of evolution)