Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If You Could You'd Sleep the Days Away…


(click image to enlarge)

Connected by a mutual friend, The Shape of the Earth & I have a shared vision of the arts. Every so often, you work with people who truly are in sync with each other – and that is most definitely the case between us.

With that said, I introduce you to the cover for their soon-to-be-released digital release, The Romantics EP. Previously I worked with the guys on their Do I Dare Disturb the Universe EP and, by gosh, we already have their next full-length album cover done and in the can (so to speak). It's simply a matter of when they're ready to roll with that, of course (2011, perhaps?). In the meantime, stop on by their MySpace page and get a preview of the EP with the lovely title track, "Romantics."

Note: The color scheme for the EP cover was inspired by the Helen Super Market in Detroit (below). I recently visited and photographed the city and you can view the images from that trip here.